Churchill, a parish in Worcestershire, 3½ miles NE of Kidderminster. It has a station on the G.W.R., and a post office under Kidderminster; money order and telegraph office, Hagley. Acreage, 954; population of the civil parish, 151; of the ecclesiastical, 642. The living is a rectory, annexed to that of Blakedown, in the diocese of Worcester; joint net value, £270 with residence. Patron, Viscount Cobham. The church was rebuilt in 1868.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Churchill St. Michael|
|Poor Law union||Pershore|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Churchill from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Churchill (St. Michael))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
Villages, Hamlets, &cIsmere
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.