Broom or Broome, Worcestershire
Broom or Broome, a parish in Worcestershire, 1 mile E of Churchill station on the G.W.R., and 3½ miles S of Stourbridge, which is the post town; money order office, Clent; telegraph office, Hagley. Acreage, 731; population, 109. Broom House is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; gross value, £160 with residence. The church is a brick structure, with a tower, and contains a marble figure and tablet by Flaxman to Mrs. Hill.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Broom St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Kidderminster|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Broom or Broome from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Broom (St. Peter))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.