Bredicot, a village and a parish in Worcestershire, 4 miles E of Worcester, which is the post town; telegraph office, Spetchley railway station. Acreage of parish, 399; population, 47. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Tibberton, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is a small ancient building, was restored in 1843, and contains a piscina.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Bredicot St. James|
|Poor Law union||Pershore|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bredicot from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Bredicot (St. James))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Bredicot are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.