Bransford, a township and a chapelry in Leigh parish, Worcestershire, on the river Teme, 4 miles SW by W of Worcester. The township has a station of the name of Bransford Road on the G.W.R., and a post office at Bransford Bridge; money order and telegraph office, Worcester. Acreage, 1062; population, 230. Bransford Bridge was built in 1338 by Bishop Walstan. The chapelry is annexed to the rectory of Leigh. The church is a small ancient building, containing a piscina.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Martley|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bransford from the following:
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Bransford are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.