Bishampton, a village and a parish in Worcestershire, in the vale of Evesham, 3¼ miles N by W of Fladbury station on the G.W.R., and 4½ NE of Pershore, under which there is a post office; money order office, Fladbury; telegraph office, Fladbury railway station. Acreage, 1910; population, 377. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £197 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church was rebuilt in 1871, with tho exception of the western tower, which is of Perpendicular date; it retains a Norman doorway and windows, and a Norman font. There is a Baptist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Bishampton St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Pershore|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bishampton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Bishampton (St. Peter))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Bishampton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.