Acton Beauchamp, Worcestershire
Acton-Beauchamp, a village and a parish in Worcestershire, 4 miles SE of Bromyard. It has a post office under Worcester; money order and telegraph office, Bromyard. Acreage, 1544; population, 216. The property belonged anciently to the Beauchamps. The village is somewhat scattered, and is situated on the borders of Herefordshire. There is an intermittent mineral spring. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £256. The church, dedicated to St Giles, is a stone edifice in the Norman style,
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Acton-Beauchamp St. Giles|
|Poor Law union||Bromyard|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Acton Beauchamp from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Acton-Beauchamp (St. Giles))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Acton Beauchamp are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.