UK Genealogy Archives logo

Werrington, Northamptonshire

Historical Description

Werrington, a village and a parish in Northamptonshire, near Walton station on the Leicester and Peterborough section of the M.R., and 3½ miles NNW of Peterborough, with a post office under Peterborough; money order office, New England; telegraph office, Millfield. Acreage, 1420; population, 710. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Peterborough; net value, £240 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Peterborough. The church is a very ancient building in mixed styles, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, S porch, and a bell-cote. There are Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan chapels.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthamptonshire 
Civil parishPaston 
Libertysoke of Peterborough 
Poor Law unionPeterborough 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with the Northamptonshire Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers and Bishop's Transcripts for Northamptonshire online.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Werrington from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northamptonshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Northamptonshire papers online: