Lamorran, a parish in Cornwall, on a creek of its own name, in the upper part of the estuary of the Fal, 4½ miles SE of Trnro station on the G.W.R. Post town, Probus. Acreage, 1263; population, 64. Viscount Falmouth is lord of the manor. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Truro; gross value, £160 with residence. Patron, Viscount Falmouth. The church was rebuilt by the Earl of Falmouth in 1845. It has two handsome stained glass windows. The old church then replaced was consecrated in 1261. An ancient granite cross is near the church.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Lamorran St. Moran|
|Poor Law union||Truro|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Lamorran from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Lamorran (St. Moran))
Online maps of Lamorran are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:
- Royal Cornwall Gazette
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser
- Lake's Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser
We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.