UK Genealogy Archives logo

Stoneton, Northamptonshire

Historical Description

Stoneton, formerly an extra-parochial tract, now a parish, in Northamptonshire, 11 miles NE from Banbury, and 3 from Penny Compton station on the G.W.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Byfield. Acreage, 717; population, 22. The manor belongs to Earl Spencer.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with the Northamptonshire Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers and Bishop's Transcripts for Northamptonshire online.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northamptonshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Northamptonshire papers online: