Holywell or Hollowell, Northamptonshire
Holywell or Hollowell, an ecclesiastical parish in Guilsborough parish, Northamptonshire, on an affluent of the river Nene, 8 miles W from Brixworth station on the L. & N.W.R. It was made an ecclesiastical parish in 1850, and it previously had the status of a hamlet. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Guilsborough, under Northampton. Acreage, 1064; population, 163. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough; gross value, £180. The church was built in 1840, and is a building of Brixworth and Dnston stone in the Early English style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Brixworth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The register dates from the year 1849.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with the Northamptonshire Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers and Bishop's Transcripts for Northamptonshire online.
Church of England
St. James (parish church)
The church of St. James, erected in 1840, is a building of Brixworth and Dufton stone, in the Early English style, consisting of nave with eastern apse and a western bell gable containing one bell: the roof is of open woodwork: the apse is lighted with three stained lancet windows, and over the west door is a stained wheel window.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Holywell or Hollowell from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northamptonshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Northamptonshire papers online: