Glendon, a parish in Northamptonshire, with a station on the M.R., 2½ miles NW of Bettering. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Kettering. Acreage, 791; population, 54. Glendon Hall is the property of the Booth family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough; gross yearly value, £35. There is no church.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Glendon St. Helen|
|Poor Law union||Kettering|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with the Northamptonshire Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers and Bishop's Transcripts for Northamptonshire online.
Church of England
There was once a church here, dedicated to St. Helen, but it has long since disappeared.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Glendon from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Glendon (St. Helen))
- Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire, Huntingdonshire, and Northamptonshire, 1914
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northamptonshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Northamptonshire papers online: