UK Genealogy Archives logo

Wooperton, Northumberland

Historical Description

Wooperton, a township in Eglingham parish, Northumberland, 6½ miles SE by S of Wooler, with a station on the N.E.R. It has a post office at the railway station; money order and telegraph office, Glanton. Acreage, 930; population, 75. The Earl of Tankerville is lord of the manor.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishEgungham 
Poor Law unionGlendale 
WardCoquetdale 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Wooperton from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Wooperton are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online:

CountyNorthumberland
RegionNorth East
CountryEngland
Postal districtNE66
Post TownAlnwick