UK Genealogy Archives logo

Woodside or Woodside Ward, Northumberland

Historical Description

Woodside or Woodside Ward, a township in Elsdon parish, Northumberland, 5 miles from Elsdon. Post town nnd money order and telegraph office, Otterburn (R.S.O.) Acreage, 6640; population, 83. The Duke of Northumberland is lord of the manor.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishElsdon 
Poor Law unionRothbury 
WardCoquetdale 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Woodside or Woodside Ward from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: