UK Genealogy Archives logo

Woodhouse, Northumberland

Historical Description

Woodhouse, a township in Shilbottle parish, Northumberland, 5½ miles SE by S of Alnwick, and about 2 from Warkworth station on the N.E.R. Post town and telegraph office, Alnwick; money order office, Shilbottle. Acreage, 567; population, 31. The Duke of Northumberland is lord of the manor.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishShilbottle 
Poor Law unionAlnwick 
WardCoquetdale 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Woodhouse from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Woodhouse are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: