Woodhorn Demesne, Northumberland
Woodhorn Demesne, a township in Woodhorn parish, Northumberland, half a mile from Newbiggin station on the N.E.R, Acreage, 312; population, 20.
|Poor Law union||Morpeth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Woodhorn Demesne from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Woodhorn-Demesne)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Woodhorn Demesne are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: