West Heddon, Northumberland
Heddon, West, a township in Heddon-on-the-Wall parish, Northumberland, 2½ miles from North Wylam station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Wylam. Acreage, 346; population, 39. A row of houses was inhabited by French emigrants during the Revolution.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Heddon on the Wall
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for West Heddon from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Heddon, West)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: