West Acombe, Northumberland
Acombe, West, a township in St John Lee parish, Northumberland, on the Tyne, 2 miles NNW of Hexham station on the N.E.R. It has a post office under Hexham, and Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels. Acreage, 2837 of land and 60 of water; population, 900.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Hexham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for West Acombe from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Acomb, West)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: