UK Genealogy Archives logo

Warenford, Northumberland

Historical Description

Warenford, a village and a township in Lucker parish, Northumberland, 4 miles SE of Belford, and 1¾ mile from Lucker station on the main line of the N.E.R. It, has a post office under Chathill (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Belford. Acreage, 606; population, 64. The Duke of Northumberland is lord of the manor. There is a Presbyterian Church of England, erected on the site of one supposed to have been founded in 1662.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishBambrough 
Poor Law unionBelford 
WardBambrough 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Warenford from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Warenford are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online:

CountyNorthumberland
RegionNorth East
CountryEngland
Postal districtNE70
Post TownBelford