UK Genealogy Archives logo

Tritlington, Northumberland

Historical Description

Tritlington, a village and a township in Hebburn parish, Northumberland, 4½ miles N of Morpeth. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Morpeth. Acreage, 1279; population, 99. The Duke of Portland and the Davison family of Tritlington Hall are chief landowners.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishHebburn 
Poor Law unionMorpeth 
WardMorpeth 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Tritlington from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Tritlington are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online:

CountyNorthumberland
RegionNorth East
CountryEngland
Postal districtNE61
Post TownMorpeth