Thockrington, a township and a parish in Northumberland, 4½ miles NNE of Barrasford station on the North British railway, and 10 N by E of Hexham. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Wark. Acreage, 2451; population of township, 35; of the ecclesiastical parish, 127. The living is united to the vicarage of Kirkheaton. The church is in the Early English style, and consists of chancel, nave, and turret.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Bellingham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Thockrington from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Thockrington)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Thockrington are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: