Styford, a township in Bywell St Andrew parish, Northumberland, on the river Tyne, 5½ miles E by S of Hexham, and 2 from Riding Mill station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Riding Mill (R.S.O.) Acreage, 1039, including 25 of water; population, 84. Styford Hall is the chief residence.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Bywell St Andrew|
|Poor Law union||Hexham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Styford from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Styford)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: