UK Genealogy Archives logo

Sturton Grange, Northumberland

Historical Description

Sturton Grange, a township in Warkworth parish, Northumberland, 5 miles SE by S of Alnwick, and 1 mile from Warkworth station on the N.E.R. Post town, Acklington; money order and telegraph office, Warkworth. Acreage, 1120; population, 78. The Duke of Northumberland is lord of the manor.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishWarkworth 
Poor Law unionAlnwick 
WardCoquetdale 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Sturton Grange from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Sturton Grange are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: