South Middleton (Hartburn), Northumberland
Middleton, South, a township in Hartburn parish, Northumberland, on the river Wansbeck, 2 miles from Middleton station on the North British railway, and 10½ miles W of Morpeth. Post town and money order office, Hartburn; telegraph office, Cambo. Acreage, 639; population, 8.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of South Middleton (Hartburn) are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: