Selbys Forest, Northumberland
Selbys Forest, a township in Kirknewton parish, Northumberland, 5 miles SW of Wooler. Post, money order, and telegraph office, Wooler. Acreage, 11,485 of land and 13 of water; population, 38. The Earl of Tankerville is lord of the manor. The surface is a region of moors and mountains, and includes the central Cheviot.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Kirk Newton|
|Poor Law union||Glendale|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Selbys Forest from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Selby's-Forest)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: