Ryall, a township in Stamfordham parish, Northumberland, on the river Font, 8 miles NE of Hexham station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Matfen. Acreage, 2183; population, 75. The Beaumont family are lords of the manor. There is a chapel of ease built in 1879, consisting of chancel, nave, and bell-cote.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Castle ward|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ryall from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Ryall)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: