Roseden, a township in Ilderton parish, Northumberland, 2 miles from Ilderton station on the N.E.R., and 5 SE by S of Wooler. It has a post office at Haugh Head under Wooler; money order and telegraph office, Wooler. Acreage, 893; population, 52.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Glendale|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Roseden from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Roseden are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: