Plashetts, a township in Falstone parish, Northumberland, with a station on the Border Counties railway, adjacent to the North Tyne river, 13½ miles NW of Bellingham. The township lies around the station and bears the name of Plashetts and Tynehead, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.) Acreage, 29,230; population, 340. There is a parish council consisting of five members. Most of the surface is moor and mountain, and coal is largely worked. There is a Free Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Bellingham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Plashetts from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Plashets)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: