UK Genealogy Archives logo

Pigdon, Northumberland

Historical Description

Pigdon, a township in Mitford parish, Northumberland, 3¾ miles WNW of Morpeth station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Morpeth. Acreage, 1125; population, 37.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishMitford 
Poor Law unionMorpeth 
WardMorpeth 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Pigdon from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Pigdon are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online:

CountyNorthumberland
RegionNorth East
CountryEngland
Postal districtNE61
Post TownMorpeth