Pauperhaugh, a hamlet in Rothbury parish, Northumberland, on the river Coquet, 1 mile SE of Rothbury. It was amalgamated with Raw township in 1889 under the Divided Parishes Act, 45 and 46 Vie., c. 58. There is a bridge of five arches over the Coquet, and a post office under Morpeth; money order and telegraph office, Rothbury.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Rothbury|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Pauperhaugh from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Paperhaugh)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Pauperhaugh are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: