UK Genealogy Archives logo

Outchester, Northumberland

Historical Description

Outchester, a township in Bambrough parish, Northumberland, on the river Warn, near its outlet into Budle Bay, 2 miles E by S of Belford station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Belford. Acreage, 1055 of land and 211 of water and foreshore; population, 90. Remains exist of a square British camp, with a double rampart and a wide fosse.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishBambrough 
Poor Law unionBelford 
WardBambrough 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Outchester from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Outchester are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: