Ord, a township in the parish of Tweedmouth, Northumberland, constituted by the County Council in 1891 a separate parish for civil purposes, comprising East, Middle, and West Ord, and consisting of all that part of the parish of Tweed-mouth outside the municipal borough of Berwick-upon-Tweed, on the river Tweed, and on the Tweedmouth and Kelso railway, 1 mile W of Tweedmouth. Post town, Berwick; money order and telegraph office, Tweedmouth. Acreage, 3686 of land and 123 of tidal water and foreshore; population, 552. There is a parish council consisting of five members. Ord House is the chief residence. An embankment at the W end of the village commands a fine vista-view of the Merse. Traces of a Roman camp, connected with Watling Street, are in a field to the W.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: