Old Moor, Northumberland
Old Moor, a township in Bothal parish, Northumberland, 3¼ miles NE of Morpeth, and three-quarters of a mile from Longhirst station on the N.E.R. Post town and telegraph office, Morpeth; money order office, Pegswood Colliery. Acreage, 957; population, 72.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Morpeth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Old Moor from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Oldmoor)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Old Moor are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: