Nunwick, a hamlet in Simonbnm parish, Northumberland, on the North Tyne river, 7½ miles NW of Hexham. Nunwick Hall is the seat of the Allgood family, was built in 1746 by Sir Lancelot Allgood, and stands in a finely-wooded park. Remains of a Druidical circle are near it.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Nunwick are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: