North Gosforth, Northumberland
Gosforth, North, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Northumberland, 5¼ miles from Newcastle-on-Tyne, and 3 from Gosforth. Post and telegraph office, Seaton Burn. Area of the township, 1088 acres; population, 139; of the ecclesiastical parish, 1806. The living is a vicarage in. The diocese of Newcastle; net value, £140 with residence. Gosforth House, a structure of the 18th century, is now a hotel, and the grounds are converted into a racecourse.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: