Nook, formerly a township in Bellingham parish, Northumberland, but in 1886 it was amalgamated with Work and Bellingham parishes, at the confluence of the rivers Reed and North Tyne, 2 miles SE of Bellingham station on the North British railway.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Bellingham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Nook from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: