Newtown (Rothbury), Northumberland
Newtown, a township in Rothbury parish, Northumberland, 1½ mile from Rothbury station on the North British railway. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Rothbury. Acreage, 925; population, 32. The property belongs to the Duke of Northumberland.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Newtown (Rothbury) from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Newtown)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: