UK Genealogy Archives logo

Newton Park, Northumberland

Historical Description

Newton Park, a township in Mitford parish, Northumberland, 3½ miles W of Morpeth town and station. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Morpeth. Acreage, 365 of land and 5 of water; population, 12. Colonel Osbaldeston is lord of the manor and sole landowner.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishMitford 
Poor Law unionMorpeth 
WardMorpeth 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Newton Park from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Newton Park are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: