UK Genealogy Archives logo

Newstead, Northumberland

Historical Description

Newstead, a township in Bambrough parish, Northumberland, 5 miles SSE of Belford, and 2 from Newham station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Chathill. Acreage, 2054; population, 106. The manor belongs to the Duke of Northumberland.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishBambrough 
Poor Law unionBelford 
WardBambrough 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Newstead from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Newstead are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: