Newsham and South Blyth, Northumberland
Newsham and South Blyth, a lordship and joint township, in Earsdon parish, Northumberland, on the coast, with a station on the N.E.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office under Blyth. Acreage, 1226; population, 3728. See BLYTH, SOUTH.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Tynemouth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Newsham and South Blyth from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Newsham)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: