UK Genealogy Archives logo

Newlands, Northumberland

Historical Description

Newlands, a hamlet and a township in Bywell St Peter parish, Northumberland, 3½ miles from Stocksfield station on the N.E.R., and 12 SE of Hexham. Post town, Lintz Green (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Ebchester. Acreage of township, 1630; population, 148. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishBywell St Peter 
HundredTindale 
Poor Law unionHexham 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Newlands from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Newlands are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online:

CountyNorthumberland
RegionNorth East
CountryEngland
Postal districtDH8