Newham (Whalton), Northumberland
Newham, a township in Whalton parish, Northumberland, 7 miles SW of Morpeth, and 5 from Meldon station on the North British railway. Post and money order office, Whalton; telegraph office, Belsay. Acreage, 1349; population, 43.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Newham (Whalton) are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: