UK Genealogy Archives logo

Newham (Whalton), Northumberland

Historical Description

Newham, a township in Whalton parish, Northumberland, 7 miles SW of Morpeth, and 5 from Meldon station on the North British railway. Post and money order office, Whalton; telegraph office, Belsay. Acreage, 1349; population, 43.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: