UK Genealogy Archives logo

Morwick, Northumberland

Historical Description

Morwick or Morrick, a township in Warkworth parish, Northumberland, on the river Coquet, near the coast, 2 miles SW of Warkworth station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Acklington. Acreage, 765, of which 17 are water; population, 66. Morwick Hall was formerly a seat of the Greys. The Duke of Northumberland is lord of the manor and principal landowner.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishWarkworth 
Poor Law unionAlnwick 
WardCoquetdale 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Morwick from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Morwick are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: