UK Genealogy Archives logo

Monkridge, Northumberland

Historical Description

Monkridge, a township in Elsdon parish, Northumberland, on the river Reed, 7 miles NE of Bellingham station on the North British railway. Acreage, 5800; population, 56. An old mansion here was the seat of the De Lisles, and is now a farmhouse.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishElsdon 
Poor Law unionRothbury 
WardCoquetdale 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Monkridge from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Monkridge are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: