Milburn and Milburn Grange, Northumberland
Milburn and Milburn Grange, two townships in Ponteland parish, Northumberland, on the river Font, 10½ miles NW of Newcastle-npon-Tyne. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Ponteland. Acreage, 1242 and 618 respectively; population, 71 and 21. The manor was given by Simon de Diveliston to Hexham Priory, went at the dissolution to the Horsleys, and with Milburn Hall belongs now to the Bates family. Limestone and coal are found. At Milburn there is a chapel of ease to Ponteland, erected in 1868.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Kirkby Thore|
|Poor Law union||Castle ward|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Milburn and Milburn Grange from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Milburn-Grange)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: