UK Genealogy Archives logo

Middleton Hall, Northumberland

Historical Description

Middleton Hall, a township in Ilderton parish, Northumberland, 1½ mile S by W of Wooler station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Wooler. Acreage, 1101; population, 57. The property belongs to-Greenwich Hospital

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Civil parishIlderton 
Poor Law unionGlendale 
WardCoquetdale 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Middleton Hall from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Middleton Hall are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: