UK Genealogy Archives logo

Masters Close, Northumberland

Historical Description

Masters Close, a hamlet in Prudhoe Castle township, Mickley parish, Northumberland, 9½ miles E of Hexham, and 1 mile from Wylam station on the N.E.R.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyNorthumberland 
Poor Law unionHexham 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Masters Close from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: