Lucker, a village, a township, and an ecclesiastical parish in Bamburgh parish, Northumberland, on the N.E.R., 3½ miles SE by S of Belford. There is a station, with telegraph, on the railway, and a post office under Belford; money order and telegraph office, Belford. Acreage, including part of Warenford, 1602; population, 210. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1884, and comprises the townships of Adderstone, Monsen, Newham, Newstead, Ratchwood, Warenford, and Warenton. Population, 956. The manor belongs to the Duke of Northumberland. Lncker Hall is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of New-castle-upon-Tyne; net value, £200 with residence. Patron, the Duke of Northumberland. The church is in the Norman style, and was erected in 1874.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Belford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Lucker from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Lucker)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Lucker are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: