Botus Fleming, Cornwall
Botus-Fleming, a parish in Cornwall, 1 mile from the Tamar, and 3 miles NW of Saltash station on the G.W.R. There is a post, money order, and telegraph office. Acreage, 1149; population, 203. The manor belonged to the Flemings of Stoke-Fleming. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Truro; net value, £72 with residence. The church is good, and was restored in 1873. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||St. Germans|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Botus Fleming from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Botus-Fleming)
Online maps of Botus Fleming are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:
- Royal Cornwall Gazette
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser
- Lake's Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser
We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.