Long Witton, Northumberland
Long Witton, a township in Hartburn parish, Northumberland, 8 miles W by N of Morpeth, with a station on the North British railway. Post town, Morpeth; money order and telegraph office, Hartburn. Acreage, 2400; population, 89. Long Witton Hall belonged to the Swinbnrnes, the Trevelyans, and others, and passed to the Fenwicks, and is now in the possession of the Percevals. There are three mineral springs called the Holy Wells.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Morpeth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Long Witton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Witton, Long)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: