Little Houghton, Northumberland
Houghton, Little, a township in Long Houghton parish, Northumberland, 1 mile NW of Long Houghton. It contains the hamlet of Little Mill, which has a station on the main line of the N.E.R. Post town and money order office, Lesbury; telegraph office, Ainmouth. Acreage, 823; population, 121. There are extensive lime works.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Long Houghton|
|Poor Law union||Alnwick|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Houghton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Houghton, Little)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northumberland is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers related to Northumberland online: